Cooped up in shoes, socks and stockings all day, our feet are often a very neglected part of our body. Although foot care is necessary year round, the spring and summer months are a time when our feet are exposed to the weather and for many of us, to water as well. Let us help you “put your best foot forward”.
Basic Foot Care
- Wash your feet daily
- Trim toenails straight across, and not too short. An ideal length is no longer than the tip of your toe. Don’t cut or dig at corners, doing so may result in ingrown nails
- Wear clean socks or stockings, changed daily.
Some people’s feet sweat more than others, and therefore are more prone to Athlete’s foot. These simple tips may help …
- Wear shoes made of leather or canvas, not synthetics.
- Switch shoes from day to day.
- Use foot powder to help keep feet drier, and use Tea Tree Essential Oil when needed.
- See your doctor if severe problems persist.
Give yourself a pedicure!
Giving yourself a pedi at least twice a month will keep your feet healthier and looking more attractive. During the spring and summer months you may benefit from a weekly pedicure. Consider our step-by-step instructions and treat your feet!
Soak away some stress:
- Fill a small tub or footbath with warm water and drop in a ½ oz of your favorite Martha’s Body Bueno Foot Soak. Add a tablespoon of olive oil (or Martha’s Body Bueno Body & Massage Oil) and soak your feet for about 10-15 minutes. The salts will soften dry skin and calluses, while the olive oil moisturizes. An additional benefit is how good this feels!
Trim and care for cuticles:
- Trim toenails, cutting them down to no longer than the tip of your toe. Do not cut or dig into corners, this will help prevent ingrown nails.
- Gently push cuticles back with an orange stick. Never cut your cuticles – they are necessary for keeping bacteria from entering the skin.
Get rid of dead skin and calluses:
- Rub a scrub (like Martha’s Body Bueno exfoliating Shea Sugar Scrub, of course!) onto the bottoms of your feet. Leave the scrub on, and use any pumice-like surface to buff down calluses and slough away dead skin cells. Rinse your feet with cool water.
Moisturize & Massage:
- Thoroughly dry your feet with a nice absorbent towel.
- Apply an invigorating foot cream such as Martha’s Body Bueno Treat Your Feet & Legs Lotion. Massage in long upward strokes, moving from your toes to your calves.
For the ladies …finish with nail polish:
- Apply a base coat and two coats of your favorite nail polish, followed by a top coat. Let your nails dry for about half an hour, then rub a dab of Martha’s Body Bueno Body Oil into your cuticles and nail beds to moisturize them.