Facials are a great way to smooth and “resurface” your face, allowing you to “face” the world with radiant, glowing skin. Since we all know it’s difficult to find time for a professional facial, here we offer some tips for at-home facials that are very beneficial, and can be fun, too!
Let’s “face” the truth… Facials are not as complicated as some may think. They can be done easily at home and can be fun by yourself or maybe with some friends. Follow these step-by-step instructions to give yourself a basic at-home-facial using our great skin care products, and/or the included easy-to-make-at-home recipes for the products you will need.
Required Time: 25-30 minutes
What you’ll need:
- Gentle Cleanser
- Exfoliating Scrub
- Warm water & a washcloth
- Clay-based facial mask
- Basic natural moisturizer
What you do:
- Cleanse – Wash your face to remove any dirt and/or make-up. Be sure to use a gentle cleanser regardless of your skin type. While washing, be sure to gently massage your skin in small circular motions
- Exfoliate – With your fingers, rub a gentle exfoliating scrub in circular motions all over your face. Concentrate on your “oily” areas. Rinse your face thoroughly since exfoliating scrubs can be drying
- Steam – Fill your sink with warm water, dip a washcloth in and press to your face. Repeat this 2-3 more times
- Apply Mask – Apply an all-natural mask to your face. Apply thinly or liberally, according to your preference. Avoid the sensitive areas around the eyes. Leave on for 15-20 minutes (until dry). Rinse completely with lukewarm water.
- Moisturize – Smooth on a soothing, all-natural moisturizer.
Tip: Strong moisturizers that contain retinols & acids will over-exfoliate the skin. Be sure to massage your facial skin lightly